Thursday 26 April 2012

My Top 5 Must Have Mac Brushes

Hi everyone!

I thought I would do a blog post about my top 5 Mac brushes as I haven't seen a lot of these, even though I think such posts are quite useful. Mac brushes are most definitely expensive, so it's important to know a little about them before spending all that money. Especially for beginners, these 5 brushes would be perfect to get you started and will last you a lifetime. Mac does know how to do great brushes, so I did spend some time narrowing down my results to just 5, but I did manage to do it! I mostly based my choices on how multipurpose the brush is, as I feel like that justifies the high price we pay for it! So I'm going to share with you my top picks and hopefully help you chose the right mac brush for you!



First, I have the famous Mac 217. Probably the most well-known Mac brush and there sure is a reason for that! It is soft, fluffy and rather dense, which makes it perfect for pretty much anything. This officially comes as an eyeshadow brush, but my favourite way to use it is for concealer. If you want to hide any blemishes or under-eye circles, then this is the brush for you! Because it is so soft, you almost get an airbrushed finish and the concealer just melts into your skin. But definitely go ahead and use it for applying eyeshadow and blending out the harsh edges, as that is it's primary purpose!


Next, I went for the Mac 109, which is a medium-sized flat top dense brush. When you first buy it from the Mac store, it looks a lot smaller and more fluffy, but it soon becomes like that in the photo. My favourite way to use the Mac 109 is for foundation and it is probably my favourite foundation brush of all time. It is the perfect size and because of the dense bristles, you get the perfect coverage and a super easy application. The Mac website lists this as a blush brush and it is definitely perfect for that as well! Blush, bronzer, contour, highlight...want to apply something to the face, this is the brush for you!


The Mac 138 is a big fluffy tapered brush. It is significantly more expensive than the rest of the Mac brushes, which is why I think it's not that popular. But is sure is one of my top favourites. I mainly use it for contouring my face and because of the tapered shape, this brush makes that job very easy. But don't be afraid to experiment, as the Mac 138 is great for blush, bronzer and highlight as well!


Moving on to smaller brushes, I have the Mac 266. This is a thin, dense angled brush and I think this is a makeup essential for everyone. It has so many uses! From filling in your eyebrows(which I use it for every day), to drawing a fine line on your top lid, the Mac 266 is your best choice. The dense bristles will prevent any fallout, so you won't have to worry about making a mess!


And finally I chose the Mac 219. This is a pencil brush and once again an absolute essential. Use it for applying eyeshadow on the bottom lid, as the size and the tapered shape will make the application super easy and effortless. This brush is also great for intensifying the crease and blending in the outer corners. So if you're looking for a good multipurpose eye brush, then the Mac 219 is the one for you!


xoxo
Anna


2 comments:

  1. Wow great blog, I just read your blog ! Thanks for writing about these MAC brushes. No wonder you have the best makeup brushes and thanks for sharing your blog!

    If you have time, you can also visit this website: http://blushies.com/

    ReplyDelete