Friday 11 May 2012

Top 5 Favourite Spring Nail Polishes

Hi everyone!

Today I want to share with you my favourite nail polishes for spring. I thought it would be a fun post to do, since during the warmer months I tend to go for really bright and vibrant shades. Don't we all? I must admit I did spend some time narrowing it down to just 5 but I did manage to do it! 

Check out my video review here


First, I have a gorgeous pastel shade by Rimmel. I've been really loving pastel colours; I feel like they are a great alternative to all the crazy bright nail polishes I've seen people wear! It's also a huge trend for Spring/Summer 2012, and not only for nail polish but for fashion and for makeup in general. So all the drugstore brands and even some high end names have released some gorgeous pastel shades!

Rimmel - 500 Peppermint
I also have a L'oreal nail polish in a cute strawberry milkshake colour. I was surprised that it didn't even start chipping for around 5 days, which is pretty amazing for a drugstore nail polish! I've been pretty much wearing it non-stop, as it makes your nails look really clean and polished.
L'oreal - 202 Marieantoinette
















         


I picked a Sally Hansen nail polish in a hot pink barbie shade, although on the nails it looks more of a warm toned orange pink. Unfortunately, this brand is quite difficult to find here in England, which is very sad! Not only are these nail polishes a reasonable price, but you get a huge bottle and the quality is amazing. This particular shade is highly pigmented and lasts pretty well too.

Sally Hansen - Ballet Rouge
Essie is one of my favourite nail polish brands, so it's not surprising that I chose it for springtime. It's a lot darker than the all the other colours I chose, but for some reason it just reminds of spring. Perhaps I'm relating the two-toned shade to green leaves and trees? But nevertheless, it's a gorgeous colour; the formula is just perfect, as you can even get away with wearing one coat!

Essie - 97 Trophy Wife
OPI - Cozu-Melted in the Sun




     




Finally I have an OPI nail polish and this one is 
probably my favourite at the moment. It's just such an unusual shade! I always get compliments when I have it on my nails, so it's definitely a winner! The formula of this is very sheer, but once you apply those 2-3 coats, you get a professional looking manicure.


Tell me what your favourite shades are for spring and what nail polish brands you've been loving recently!

xoxo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment