Sunday 3 June 2012

Revlon Lip Butters Review

Hi everyone!

Today I'm finally doing the highly requested Revlon Lip Butters review! I've had them for a while now, so I feel like I've formed an opinion and now I can share it with you guys.

Want to see me talk about these lip butters? Then click here




Packaging: Looks just like a classic lipstick, which I think is nice! The lids are all different shades and somewhat represent the colour of the actual lipstick. One thing I found though, was that it was quite difficult to open these lip butters. Maybe I got a faulty batch? The lids were very stiff, so I got a little annoyed with that!

Formula:  Rich and creamy, I was really impressed! The application was nice and smooth, after which my lips felt very moisturized. However, I wouldn't recommend these lip butters if you have dry and chapped lips, because they emphasise the dry areas even more and make your lips look clumpy.

Colour: The pigmentation actually varies between all the shades, because I found some colours to be more rich than others. But you definitely get a lot more pigment than a standard lip balm or lip butter, which is why I would describe these Revlon ones as something in between.

Scent: I could smell a hint of some sweetness but I'm guessing they are supposed to be fragrance free, which is great for those of you with sensitive skin. But I personally would have preferred some delicious fruity fragrance, something that would tempt you to eat it off your lips!

Lasting Power: Quite impressive actually! If you don't eat or purposely wipe the colour off, then these lip butters will stay put. And they will look exactly the same as when you first applied them!

090 Sweet Tart
This colour I found to be the most pigmented. It's a very bright coral pink shade so it's perfect for summer!

045 Cotton Candy
This one is more of a muted pink shade but it has golden shimmer going through, which makes it look stunning on the lips. It's a little more sheer but still pretty pigmented!

095 Creme Brulee
This final one is perfect for those of you into nude colours. I really enjoyed wearing this for every day as it's not too bright but still adds a little colour. So if you're unsure about which shade to pick, then go for this one! It's a safe choice and the neutral tone will suit everyone.

So overall, I would definitely recommend these Revlon Lip Butters. With over 20 shades to chose from, you will surely find something you like!

xoxo
Anna

7 comments:

  1. I wear creme brûlée almost everyday either by itself or underneath another color.
    Love the blog! Check mine out if you like.
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lovely :) and I'm in love with your blog haha!

      Delete
  2. I have creme brulee and it's gorgeous! I really want tutti frutti next!

    Come and check out my MAC Giveaway!
    Beauty by Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love these lip balm!! I have the creme brulee and I wear it almost everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh creme brulee is great for every day! xo

      Delete
  4. I just love these Revlon Lip Butters! :)

    Lovely Blog :)

    Amy x
    http://alittleboatsailing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and your blog is gorgeous girl!

      Delete