Monday 23 December 2013

Why I Love Coconut Oil / Its Many Uses & Benefits


Visit the Lucy Bee website for more tips & recipes!!

It't time to talk about Coconut Oil and why I love it so much! There are so many uses for this amazing product as well as benefits, so I wanted to share them with you guys...

1. One of the main things I do is take coconut oil internally. In the morning I always put a tablespoon in my porridge; it tastes great and makes the porridge more filling. You can also put a little in your tea or even use coconut oil as an alternative to butter or olive oil. It's perfect for baking/frying and spreading! It's full of good fats which can improve the general health of all your organs, as well as make a difference in the general condition of your skin, hair and nails.

2. I also love using coconut oil as a moisturizer. In the evening I mix a few drops into my regular face cream and it almost acts like an overnight treatment/mask. It hydrates my skin and makes it lovely and soft. Try it for yourself and you will see just how gorgeous you skin feels the next morning! Coconut oil is perfect for all skin types even super oily; it will simply balance out your natural oils and give you a nice even skin tone. It obviously makes a great body oil especially for anyone with dry/flaky skin. I like to massage it into damp skin right after I take a shower; it absorbs much better and you end up using less product. 

3.Coconut oil can be used as a treatment balm for lips, knees, elbows and any other dry areas on your skin. Apply a little on your nails and cuticles when having a manicure to soften the skin and look after your nails. Coconut oil has a lovely light texture so it absorbs very quickly without leaving a greasy feel.

4. It also works wonders on my hair! I often do hair masks either overnight or I just leave it in for 30 minutes and wash it out with regular shampoo. It helps to calm down those dry frizzy ends and adds a lovely shine to my hair. Massaging coconut oil into your scalp can also help your hair grow, stimulate blood flow and moisturize the skin.

5. Coconut oil can also be used for removing makeup as it breaks down all the oils and leaves you with soft clear skin. I would recommend you use another cleanser afterwards though, just to make sure you get rid of any residue.

6. Mix in some salt or sugar into your coconut oil to get a natural and cheap body scrub. It will gently exfoliate your skin and hydrate it at the same time; plus the scrub will keep for ages.

7. Coconut oil is also antibacterial so it can help heal your skin. This makes it perfect for anyone who suffers with acne as well as any other skin irritations/rashes and even burns. You can even try treating your active breakouts with coconut oil; it will keep your skin hydrated whilst gently working to help clear those nasty spots.

8. If you're a fan of shaving then coconut oil can become your best friend. The razor glides so smoothly and you get a nice close shave without needing to moisturize your legs afterwards. 

9. I know some people like to use coconut oil as a natural deodorant. If you're concerned with aluminium, which can be found in pretty much all deodorants, then try coconut oil. It's antibacterial so it will neutralise any odours without clogging your sweat glands. It's a bonus if you like the smell of coconuts!

10. This is a little controversial but coconut oil has a natural SPF so it can be used for sunbathing. It is very low though(around SPF 3), so if you burn easily then I wouldn't recommend it. However if you normally use tanning oils like myself, then coconut oil can be a great alternative. I will be trying this out next summer!

11. If you're pregnant then coconut oil is definitely a must have! It can help prevent stretch marks as well as treat existing ones by bringing down pigmentation. Coconut oil helps to even out the the skin texture as well as tone, making it perfect for anyone pregnant looking for a natural treatment. If you've already had your baby then coconut oil makes a great nipple balm to help calm and soothe any irritated/dry skin.

I buy my coconut oil at Sainsbury or Tesco for £6.00 and it's a huge 300ml pot so it lasts for ages. This one is from Lucy Bee and it's 100% Extra Virgin Organic and certified Fair Trade. 

Have you tried coconut oil? What was your experience?

xoxo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment